Tuesday, February 6, 2007

How I became a scientist Part II

It is funny how you chose paths in life. Once in graduate school, I fell in love with science. I found it exciting, stimulating and just plain fun. I worked hard and occasionaly wondered if it this was the life for me, but overall I just couldn't stop wanting to know the answer to next experiment. I decided to pursue a postdoctoral position outside of my original field and went into a biology lab. I loved it just as much and when it came time decided to pursue an academic career. I really enjoy it. I am pursuing science that I am interested in and fascinated by. I get to reach out to students and share my interests and teach them new things. My laboratory is publishing our work and that makes me happy and very proud. I am not so crazy about grant writing , I have met few who are, but find that even that helps to sharpen my thoughts on what I am interested in and want to pursue and sometimes leads me down new avenues. Overall, I really am glad I took this path for all that it was unexpected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here projectscientists.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Research presents that nearly 80% of all USA adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

eco travel agency costa rica said...

Hi buddy, firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers then I think that this information is amazing and very entertainment information, I was looking information about How I became a scientist Part II, and this information is very professional and I would like to have any update about, thanks for sharing!!